Join us as a Governor
Would you like to shape the future of our Trust as a Director or one of our thriving schools as a Governor?
Outstanding governance is vital to the success of VIAT and the quality of the provision we provide to our students and staff, as well as our contribution to the local community.
Each VIAT School has a Local School Board which reports to the Standards and School Improvement Committee. VIAT School Board Governors are responsible for:
- The School and Wider Community;
- The Effectiveness of the School Experience;
- Standards including, both academic and pastoral;
- Support and Challenge as Critical Friends as part of the School Improvement Journey.
The VIAT Trustees (Directors) are responsible for governing and exercising all the powers of the Trust. The Trustees focus on three core functions:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Holding the Trust Executive Group to account for the educational performance and overall performance of the Trust;
- Overseeing the financial performance of the Trust and making sure its money is appropriately spent. Trustees also ensure compliance with company and charity law.
Being a Director or Governor is a voluntary position. We are incredibly grateful to the highly skilled group of people who commit their time and expertise to our Trust Board or schools.
We are always keen to hear from individuals who want to become directors or governors. To find out more, please contact the Trust Clerk:
Phone number: 01622 755856