Why Choose our Trust
Working with VIAT
Valley Invicta Academies Trust (VIAT) has a vision to create an outstanding cluster of primary and secondary schools at the heart of our local community - where all pupils, regardless of background, are offered a broad curriculum by specialist teachers across all ages; thereby enabling children to master the knowledge and skills they need to achieve their full educational and personal potential. We only achieve what we do because of the talent and commitment of our staff. Our greatest asset is our people; they collectively create the VIAT family and are at the heart of our success.
The Trust works tirelessly to ensure that every member of our team can be the ‘best they can be’ and can effectively contribute to our guiding principle of providing ‘Outstanding Care, Outstanding Education and Outstanding Opportunities.’ We aim to be at the forefront of professional development. The growth and development of our staff is imperative to attract and retain the very best. Our goals are:
- To ensure that our teams can fulfil their potential and ambitions.
- For VIAT to be recognised as the organisation to launch and build distinguished careers in education whereby talent is recognised, appreciated and nurtured.
- To ensure that our staff community share and demonstrate the VIAT values.
Facts and Figures
As of September 2018:
- Around 5,000 students
- 650+ teaching and support staff
- 8 schools: 5 primary, 3 secondary – 2 High Schools, 1 Selective School
- Teaching School
- 2 Outstanding Schools, 2 Good Schools, 4 awaiting inspection
- DfE Approval to build a state-of-the-art STEM 11 – 18 school on the Valley Invicta Campus
Why Join the VIAT Family?
When you are part of it, you put your heart into it.
At Valley Invicta Academies Trust, we are more than employees – we are partners. We collectively go ‘above and beyond’ to share our commitment and passion to provide outstanding education to the people who matter most – our students.
Chief Operating Officer – “VIAT is more than a name. VIAT is a group of like-minded people committed to providing outstanding education to our local community.”
Finance Manager – “There is never a dull day. I love providing the best customer service to our team of staff to ensure that they can get on with their job efficiently and effectively.”
Headteacher – “I feel privileged to be able to share my knowledge and experience with children, parents and staff. I absolutely love it when I see everyone enjoy their day while learning.”
Headteacher – There is a spirit of camaraderie which makes me feel very privileged and proud. It is wonderful to be in an organisation that is so open to new ideas and challenges.”
Assistant Headteacher - “I love it when I am able to open a child’s eyes to something new.”
Network Manager - “I work with a great team which makes my job even more enjoyable.”
Teacher – “I look forward, every day, to helping my students become the ‘best they can be’. It is such a rewarding place to work.”
Culture and Pedagogy
Our staff are fundamental in driving the success of VIAT. We believe that:
- if you value the intelligence, talents and capabilities of your staff,
- if you engage and empower all members of the team,
- if you give staff choice to make informed decisions,
... we will cultivate an environment in which everyone can flourish
Our teaching staff have an unyielding pursuit of excellence. To do this, they are given the autonomy to:
- develop creative and engaging activities to ensure learning at the highest level,
- use technology to enthuse and enlighten individuals to be confident with innovation,
- inspire others through an extensive opportunities programme,
- embed a culture of lifelong learning through character education,
- use the latest research in teaching and learning to further develop their own practice,
- share best practice and support colleagues across our family of schools.