A dedicated team of teaching staff, across each of our VIAT settings, have worked together to establish a collaborative programme to ‘teach-for-creativity’. The programme provides inspiring creative opportunities to cultivate the creative capital in our students.
- Student Workshop Programme (from September 2019)
Providing students from different age groups, schools, backgrounds and creative disciplines opportunities to work together in collaboration to develop their creative powers. A number of creative workshops for children of keyworkers have already taken place.
- Creative Challenge Programme (from March 2020)
A programme of creative challenges for students and staff to engage with during the national lockdown. Outcomes are being exhibited online and at the school hub for the children of keyworkers.
- Creative Community Online Hub (from June 2020)
A web-based hub for teachers and creative practitioners to come together to share ideas and good practice.
- Creativity Film (June-October 2020)
A short film to promote creativity in education featuring creative practitioners, industry leaders, teachers of the Creative Arts and students.
- Teachers CPD Programme (from September 2020)
To provide teaching staff with practical methods, support and guidance in delivering creative content and teaching for creativity.
- Exhibition of Creativity (September 2020)
Web-based showcase to celebrate creative endeavour across our creative community.
- Creativity TeachMeet (October 2020)
To enable creative practitioners and teaching staff across all of the Creative Arts to share exceptional practice and innovative ideas.
- Teachers Creativity Conference (June 2021)
To inspire, galvanise and support teaching staff in teaching for creativity.